Lilly has been mated to our blue stud dog Louis.....
We are hoping to have a beautiful litter of silver and blue puppies from this well matched pair.
The puppies will have a coi of 0%...below is an explanation of how this is used:-
Mating Inbreeding Coefficient Prediction
The average inbreeding coefficient for this breed is
Audigoes Charlie Bubbles
Any puppies from this mating would have a coefficient value of
How to use this information
- The inbreeding coefficient calculated is a guide and a measure to protect both the progeny from a litter and also for the overall breed. Just as important are considerations to temperament, health screening, breed type and characteristics.
- To create improvements in genetic diversity, matings are encouraged if the predicted coefficient is less than the average inbreeding coefficient for the breed.
- The average inbreeding coefficient for this breed is 3%.
- This gives the predicted inbreeding coefficients of any puppies born if this mating were to go ahead or of existing progeny from the parents.
- Inbreeding is defined as the mating of related individuals, whether they are closely or more distantly related. The inbreeding coefficient of an individual is the probability that two copies of the same gene have been inherited by an individual from a common founder, an ancestor shared by both parents
I will update everyone of Lillys progress.